Happy Birthday to my eldest DD, TJ! It’s cliche but time really has flown by since you were this tiny little 6lb 5oz baby in my arms.
In honor of your 11th birthday, I’m sharing 11 things I love about you, babe! And here they are, in no particular order:
1. You are studious. You have always loved learning and have been very pro-active in all areas of study, which is why (I believe) you were reading well before kindergarten. I am always blown away by your report cards and your teacher’s compliments. You often take on extra work – just because you love it!
2. You are an amazing big sister. I know it’s difficult to be the eldest and therefore have more responsibility on your shoulders, but you carry it well and happily. Your sisters just love you.
3. You model for me whenever I get the urge to pick up a camera. Bless your heart!
4. You have many talents, which is wonderful, but what I love is how put so much work into developing those talents, and then you are willing to share them. That takes courage and commitment!
5. You are active and keep yourself healthy and fit! That is a great habit to stick to through out life.
6. You are a deep thinker. You are curious and wonder about a lot of things. You ask a lot of questions and search to find the answers. Which also means you are full of useful knowledge that will help you through your life.
7. You are a supreme goofball, like your father. You love laughing and making others laugh. A true life of the party!
8. You are creative. Even from a young age you loved to draw, color, and create and you can still almost always be found with a pencil and sketch book in hand. I hope you keep on creating and making the world just a little more beautiful.
9. You are a leader. You aren’t afraid to set the example in a group of friends, to stand up for what you believe, and make everyone feel welcome. I hope you use these powers for good 😉
10. You have a testimony. I know it’s small right now, but you touch me when you bear witness to me and others of what you know in your heart to be true. This will be a safety and protection to you through out life, and I love that you are willing to share it.
11. You love me. I love how you still race across the field at lunch time to say hello when I walk by with JJ. How you aren’t embarrassed to hug me in front of your friends. I know that may change, but deep down I hope it never does. In fact, you are just loving in general!
There are so many things I could list, but I have to limit myself or I’d be here all day! Love you, my girl, and I am so proud of the young lady you are becoming. There are great things in store for you, I know it! Keep smiling, keep being the shining star you are, and I’ll keep on loving you forever!
Happy 11th Birthday, TJ!