I was browsing my favorite blogs and I just kept coming back to this super sweet hanging that Talia did at the Goodie Box. I don’t have a local scrapbook store (well, not really) so I just didn’t see how I could make something so cute with limited supplies. Then the ol’ wheels started turning, and I remembered the new digital kit from the Digital Template Shoppe called“Rainbow Sherbet”, which had tonnes of fun elements that I knew would be way cute on a wall hanging like this. I opened photoshop and created a new 8.5 X11 document and dragged and dropped several cute elements from the digital kit onto it for printing. I cut out the different parts, and using foam adhesive squares attached them all together to make this:
So, I discovered that you can use digital scrapbooking kits for paper projects. I mean, I KNEW that, but it’s not real until you DO it 😀 I love this hanging, and the Rainbow Sherbet kit is so darn cute. There are so many cute papers and elements to it. You lucky ducks can get an awesome deal over at the Digital Template Shoppe right now because when you buy the Rainbow Sherbet kit, you also get the Chocolate Mint kit for free. YES! Her kits are really inexpensive, too, so it’s a triple great deal!
More news – and I hope you can help. I was the recipient of the Arte Y Pico award from an awesome stamper/scrapper over at Jen Tapler Designs and I am so, so flattered! This award was originally designed by Eseya at Arte Y Pico. As the nominee you are to pick five blogs that, based on their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, you think earn the award. You list their names and links to their blogs, on yours, and leave a comment on one of their posts to let them know you’ve nominated them! Each winner shows the award along with the name of the person who gave them the award with a link to their blog. So YAY! I get to pass along this little beauty to 5 blogs I’ve been loving lately.
So, here are my picks.
– you are so stinkin’ talented girl! Inspiration oozing out of ya. And she is too cute for words. I love checking out her blog to see what creativity she’s been up to. I know you won’t be disappointed when you check out her blog, too. I know you are doing it right now!!
2. Amy’s Twilight Blog
– just because I’m addicted and she has been kind enough to facilitate that. LOL!
– This girl has new inspiration almost every day. She rocks the cards (which is not my strong suit) and does scrapbooking too. Plus, she just an all around fun gal!
– Check her out – her blog will speak for itself. SOOOOOOO real, and just hilarious. Okay, it’s not a crafting blog, but who cares?? I just can’t get enough of reading it.
– This girl can do anything and still somehow seems not to notice! Just name it and I’ve seen her do it on her blog. Quilting, sewing, scrapbooking, photography, organization, cooking… like I said. A bit sickening, isn’t it 🙂 Check it out!
Okay, so I think that was it for the awards, but I need to tell you about something else that I want you to check out. Jen brought this to my attention, and I want to help out the best I can. She is involved in a virtual crop, that I can’t even begin to describe, all in support of the Alzheimer’s Association. My grandmother had Alzheimers and it is a devastating disease. I can’t say enough. I want you to check out this LINK
to read more about what you can do to help AND benefit yourself at the same time. You really can’t loose. I hope you’ll take a minute to check it out. I’m going to try to get involved one way or another.
Well, I think that’s it that’s all for now – nothing too exciting to report. Except a reminder to never let your one year old near your rotary trimmer because she might slice her finger, which will not stop bleeding for a long time, which makes you wonder if you should race her into the clinic, which you finally decide to do and as you are struggling to get shoes and coats on the bleeding finally stops, which makes you decide NOT to take her in, but leaves you worried the rest of the day, feeling like the worst mother in the entire world. Just a friendly reminder 🙂